Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Heritage House, Little River, CA




The Heritage House is located in Little River, a couple of miles from the beautiful town of Mendocino, California. My late husband and I spent and couple of days here on our honeymoon in 1981. Reservations were hard to come by. The movie Same Time Next Year was filmed here a year earlier in 1980. I believe our cottage was named "Meadowwood" which was next to the "Same Time Next Year" cottage. These cottage were located at the bottom end of the property at the edge of the cliff. The view was breathtaking. I remember seeing a really cool lighthouse off in the distance. Men had to wear a jacket to dinner in the formal dining room. I remember a very romantic fireplace in the bar area. I haven't been back since and become very nostalgic when I watch the movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment